- HarperCollins Publishers Choose Soutron for Archival Catalog Management
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Selects Soutron for Library and Knowledge Management
- Top Ranked Law Firm Chooses Soutron’s Library Management System (LMS)
- College of Occupational Therapists Upgrades from InMagic® to Soutron
- Soutron Library Management Improves Access to Research at Innventia
Library And Information Management
Our library management system functionality includes:
24-hour Library Portal - Provide your users a branded knowledge portal with access to custom links, RSS feeds, blogs, wikis, along with an OPAC that provides access to your resources in text, audio and video formats. The Soutron Global Library Portal uniquely provides:
- Soutron Thesaurus - Simplifies information classification, directing users quickly to the most appropriate information.
- Reviews & Ratings - Aggregated user-assigned ratings and reviews can appear in the OPAC display, enabling knowledge sharing services.
- Document Submission - Registered users can submit moderated content directly to the catalog.
- Security Classification - You control who sees what and who does everything.
- Inquiry Reference Management - Record and track questions, aggregate repeat requests to create an FAQ to eliminate duplication of work.
- Advance Bookings - Enable users to reserve resources for an advance date.
Catalog - This highly flexible and functional repository can manage a wide variety of physical and electronic materials, with sophisticated cross referencing, poly hierarchical thesaurus and full-text electronic document indexing.
- Custom data templates - Accommodate any non-bibliographic information such as research notes, abstracts, legal briefs, paintings etc.
- Unique search navigation aids - Help you to access, select and aggregate material from across your library system into content types, helping users to easily find the resources they need.
- Circulation - Manual or automatic barcode transactions with pre-defined loan periods and automatic overdue email notices.
- Self Circulation - Registered users of your library can borrow, renew and return items for self check-in/out of materials using barcodes or RFID.
- Auto cataloging from sources such as Library of Congress, COPAC and Google
- Copy/bulk copy management
Library Administration - It doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Acquisitions - Manage suppliers and acquisition of all types of materials including books, electronic materials, serials. Place standing or regular orders for receipt to one or multiple sites. Structure budgeting and accounting to reflect your organization to include multi-currency accounting.
- Serials And Electronic Serials Wizard - Simplifies ordering and accounting of serials to easily record details, apply your own enumeration and change the frequency of serial issues at any time.
- Reporting - Run or schedule any report, from any location, in pdf, xls, rtf and txt formats.
- Enhanced Inquiry Reference Management - Incoming email capture, status tracking and automatic administrator alerts and user-responses.
System / Database Configuration - Your library system administrator can easily design and maintain your database by creating fields, content types and record templates, or we can do it for you.
Integration Services - Streamline processes and share information integrating your library management system with other aspects of your organization. The application programming interface (API) allows your webmaster to retrieve data and present it in a web site or third party application or to use the repository within a federated search tool. Using this facility, you can create a single sign on (SSO), automatically reflecting changes in a user’s record.
Contact us today to see how Soutron Global can transform your library!